Hello and welcome to the allotments of Chesham. Our allotments provide a vital community service and provide sustenance and respite for our tenants. As Chesham Allotments Group, we represent the tenants and organise events. We also welcome members of the public to our events or to find out more.
Chesham allotment holders are a motley crew of young families, single people, young couples, middle-aged people and retirees, and even teenagers! .
What we all have in common is our interest in:
- The quality of food being produced
- How it is produced
- Organic food and products
- Care for the environment
- Climate change
We regularly open up the allotments to the public, and also hold events specifically for tenants.
- Coffee mornings and seed swaps on Saturdays throughout the summer season (mid-April-mid-October)
- Annual open day in August, this year 18 August, Cameron Road, all welcome
- Chesham Allotments Group welcomes anyone with an interest in growing food for themselves to come along and take part or find out more.
For allotment holders we have fish and chip evenings and our summer cheese and wine evening.
- All are welcome to our annual open day on Saturday 18 August, 10am – 2pm at at Cameron Road allotments. This gives the public the opportunity […]
- Come along to our coffee mornings on Saturdays until 13 October. These are every Saturday, 10am–12pm at the Focal Point, Cameron Road allotments, except for two […]
- Have you ever wondered what sort of yield you can get from just one potato? We are holding a competition - open to all. Entry fee is £1 per bucket - just bring along your 'potato' bucket to our coffee morning in 8 September and you could win £20!