Hello and welcome to the allotments of Chesham. Our allotments provide a vital community service and provide sustenance and respite for our tenants. As Chesham Allotments Group, we represent the tenants and organise events. We also welcome members of the public to our events or to find out more.
Chesham allotment holders are a motley crew of young families, single people, young couples, middle-aged people and retirees, and even teenagers! .
What we all have in common is our interest in:
- The quality of food being produced
- How it is produced
- Organic food and products
- Care for the environment
- Climate change
We regularly open up the allotments to the public, and also hold events specifically for tenants.
- Coffee mornings and seed swaps on Saturdays throughout the summer season (mid-April-mid-October)
- Annual open day in August, this year 18 August, Cameron Road, all welcome
- Chesham Allotments Group welcomes anyone with an interest in growing food for themselves to come along and take part or find out more.
For allotment holders we have fish and chip evenings and our summer cheese and wine evening.
- Have you ever wondered what sort of yield you can get from just one potato? We are holding a competition - open to all. Entry fee is £1 per bucket - just bring along your 'potato' bucket to our coffee morning in 8 September and you could win £20!
- Coffee Mornings - Every Saturday throughout the Summer
- Our annual AGM will be held at the town hall on October 2nd at 7:30pm. All allotment holders and the public are welcome to attend.
- Please bring a drink and a dessert to share. A great time is always on hand. £10 per ticket. Available from JPS Stationers or any allotment representative.
- This coffee morning is special since all proceeds are donated towards Macmillan Cancer Charity Please c
- Fairtrade Coffee Morning - September the 8th 2018 10 - 12