Have you ever wondered what sort of yield you can get from one potato? Well wonder no more.
Enter our Spud in a Bucket competition to find out!
Last year’s inaugural competition was a great success with entrants of all ages. Some people had vast
containers, some had small buckets, but it didn’t seem to affect the number of potatoes. The secret
(secret no longer) of last year’s winner John Cox was manure and potato fertilizer. Now that the cat’s out
of the bag we expect John will have some stiff competition this year!
The rules are simple:
1. Plant one potato in a bucket (or container)
2. Nurture your potato plant in any way you see fit, but
don’t dig down to see how your crop is doing!
3. Bring your bucket along to the coffee morning on
Saturday 7th September 2019, where it will be emptied
and the potato yield weighed. Competitors are
responsible for taking away their bucket, compost and
4. Entry fee is £1 per bucket. You can enter as many
buckets as you want : perhaps try different varieties?
5. The prize for the heaviest yield will be £20.