Broad beansApril 4, 2018
ApplesApril 4, 2018
Blackberry and plum Sauce
Blackberry and plum sauce recipe (for 4)
- 4 medium plums (barely ripe). Small cherry plums (I call these wild plums) would be fine too – I’d use about eight of these.
- 75 g of blackberries
- Water to cover the blackberries
- 3 tbsp of white granulated sugar (you could use less if the plums were ripe and juicy)
- 1 large tsp of pale soy sauce
- Wash and quarter the plums (don’t worry about the stones as these will be released as the plum flesh cooks)
- Wash the blackberries and place in a small saucepan along with the plums.
- Add enough cold water to cover the blackberries and bring to the boil.
- Add the sugar and stir to dissolve. Simmer briskly until the plums are cooked (about 10-15 minutes) and the liquid is reduced.
- Add the soy sauce and cook for a further two minutes.
- Sieve the sauce to remove the blackberry pips and serve in a warm jug.