Hello and welcome to the allotments of Chesham. Our allotments provide a vital community service and provide sustenance and respite for our tenants. As Chesham Allotments Group, we represent the tenants and organise events. We also welcome members of the public to our events or to find out more about allotmenteering in Chesham.
Chesham allotment holders are a motley crew of young families, single people, young couples, middle-aged people and retirees - and even teenagers!
What we all have in common is our interest in:
- The quality of food being produced
- How it is produced
- Organic food and products
- Care for the environment
- Climate change
Oh... and not forgetting our shared love of home-made cake and a cuppa on a Saturday morning at the Allotment Cafe.
See our events page for details.
Our usual social programme is gradually coming back in 2021, subject to the government's roadmap out of lockdown. We hope to get back to regularly opening up the allotments to the public and also hold events specifically for tenants. Check our events page to find out more.
- Coffee mornings and seed swaps on Saturdays throughout the summer season
- Annual open day in August at the Cameron Road site - all are welcome
- Chesham Allotments Group welcomes anyone with an interest in growing food for themselves to come along and take part or find out more.
- For allotment holders we have fish and chip quiz evenings and and a summer cheese and wine evening.
Chesham Allotments Group welcomes anyone with an interest in growing food for themselves to come along and take part or find out more.